Explore an estuary and feast on barbecue
As any kayaker will tell you, a great day on the water will leave you with a growling appetite. This outing is designed to fulfill your thirst for water exploration and satisfy your appetite for a barbecue. Navigate the Hudson River Estuary after receiving instruction on kayaking safety and paddling techniques. This beautiful stretch of river, located near the banks of West Point and Storm King Mountain, is rich in natural beauty and American history. Lush wildlife frame the river, and bald eagles can often be seen soaring overhead as you make your way to a private barbecue. The sandy beach will greet your feet and grilled delights will refresh your taste buds. Grilled shrimp, skewered chicken, fresh fruit and vegetables will dot the menu. Cold beverages, a barbecue feast, and summertime tunes will make you feel like you are more than just a day trip away from Manhattan.
Price is dependent upon group size. Please contact us for a detailed proposal.
Groups range from 6 to 60 people.
- Trip development, planning coordination and execution
- Licensed and certified Discover Outdoors guides
- Kayaks, life vests, paddles
- BBQ lunch
- Beer, wine, soft drinks and water
- Roundtrip transportation in passenger vans or chartered busses.
- Park and destination fees
- Liability insurance
- Professional photographer: $500
- American Apparell Team T-Shirts: $22 per person
9:15 Greetings and meet the team at your office
9:30 Departure and scenic drive to Hudson Valley
10:30 Hudson River Kayak Adventure
12:30 Sandbar BBQ and beach
3:30 Return to NYC
5:15 Arrive home