Fun day of rafting Class I-III Rapids
Take a ride down the thrill-packed Lehigh River. Our licensed whitewater guides will take you on 3.5 to 4 hour ride down a 12-mile ride stretch of class I-III rapids. Managed by the Army Corps of Engineers, thousands of gallons of water will be released into the river. Surrounded by protected woodlands and mountains, you will enjoy outstanding scenery and wildlife. This is an area with a great diversity of plants and animals including great blue herons, mergansers, and kingfishers just to name a few. It will come as no surprise that this is where naturalist and painter John James Audubon visited to paint birds. We'll paddle over 17 rapids, stopping to swim and rest along the way. Your guide will brief you on the techniques of whitewater rafting. After that, you'll be set loose on the river, with guides in kayaks monitoring everyone's progress.
Price is dependent upon group size. Please contact us for a detailed proposal.
Groups range from 6 to 300 people.
- Trip development, planning coordination and execution
- Licensed and certified Discover Outdoors guides
- Whitewater rafts, paddles and life vests
- Roundtrip transportation in passenger vans or chartered busses.
- Park and destination fees
- Liability insurance
- Catered buffet lunch: budget $35 per person. Price depends on actual order.
- Professional photographer: $500
- American Apparell Team T-Shirts: $22 per person
8:30 Greetings and meet the team at your office
8:45 Departure and scenic drive to Lehigh Valley
10:30 Whitewater rafting with riverside lunch
3:15 Return to NYC
5:30 Arrive home