The Ultimate Winter Adventure
Experience what winter in the northeast has to offer on this serene and action-filled Discover Outdoors youth trip.
The basic techniques of cross-country skiing are natural and easily learned, and we provide instruction and guided skiing throughout the day for anyone new to the sport. As for showshoeing, If you can hike, you can snowshoe. Snowshoes are highly maneuverable, allowing you to go places where cross-country skiers and snowmobiles cannot. You can navigate thickly-wooded and steep terrain, and experience the astounding peace and quiet of a snow-covered landscape.
Beginner-level proficiency in cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Leadership skills and practice working in team setting
Knowledge about winter flora and fauna
Respect for nature and how it can be applied to respect for our community
Inspiration and curiosity
$89 per student
Van rental option including tolls, insurance and fuel: $400 per van.
Our passenger vans hold up to 13 students each.
Groups range from 6 to 80 people.
- Licensed and certified Discover Outdoors guides
- Cross country skis, boots and poles
- Cross country ski lesson
- Park and destination fees
- Liability insurance
7:45 Meet at your school
8:00 Departure and drive through the Hudson Valley
9:15 Arrive at nordic ski trails
9:30 Nordic skiing and snowshoeing, lunch along the way
2:00 Return departure
3:30 Arrive at your school
- Your lunch
- Ample snacks
- At least two liters of water
- A thermos of hot soup, tea, or coffee is recommended
- A backpack. Need a recommendation? Meet Gregory.
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection, visit Kuhl.
- Hat, gloves, an extra pair of wool socks
- Hand / Foot warmers
- A dry set of clothes and shoes for the ride home (can be left in the van)
- Ski or snowboarding gear, including a warm, waterproof jacket
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Waterproof hiking boots with wool socks (required)
- Gaiters are recommended to keep snow out of your boots
- Hat, gloves, scarf
- Expert guides
- Snowshoe, ski, poles, and ski boots, instruction on using equipment
- Park permits