Learn to navigate the rapids
Learn to navigate whitewater rapids on a ride down the thrill-packed Lehigh River. Our licensed whitewater guides will take you on 3-hour ride down a 12-mile ride stretch of class I-III rapids. Surrounded by protected woodlands and mountains, you will enjoy outstanding scenery and wildlife. This is an area with a great diversity of plants and animals including great blue herons, mergansers, and kingfishers just to name a few. It will come as no surprise that this is where naturalist and painter John James Audubon visited to paint birds.
Discover Outdoors guides will brief you on the techniques of whitewater rafting and give you instruction throughout your ride. We'll paddle over 17 rapids, stopping to swim and rest along the way.
Beginner-level proficiency in whitewater rafting
Introduction to leadership and working as a team
Confidence from overcoming fear
Exposure to nature
$95 per student
Van rental option including tolls, insurance and fuel: $400 per van.
Our passenger vans hold up to 13 students each.
Groups range from 6 to 160 people.
- Licensed and certified Discover Outdoors guides
- Whitewater rafts, paddles, personal flotation devices
- Park and destination fees
- Liability insurance
7:30 Meet at your school
7:45 Departure for the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania
9:15 Arrival, change clothes and rafting instruction
10:00 Whitewater rafting with riverside lunch
1:30 Conclude rafting, change clothes, board for departure
3:30 Arrive at your school
- If you choose to bring your own lunch, put it in a ziplock or drybag.
- Bring extra cash if you wish to rent a wetsuit ($20).
- Any valuables you bring will be locked in the van/bus.
- Bring a dry change of clothes and towel for the ride home.
- If you plan on wearing glass/sunglasses bring a strap.
- A dry set of clothes and shoes for the ride home
- Non-cotton athletic clothing and a swimsuit underneath.
- Bring river shoes such as Tevas or old tennis shoes. No flip-flops, please.