- Your lunch
- Ample snacks
- At least three liters of water
- A backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners.
- Layers so you can adjust to changing temperatures
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots or sturdy sneakers with wool socks (required)
- Expert guides
- Park permits
Drive to Meet Option
Have your own transportation? Select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at the Plattekill Travel Plaza at 9:00 AM. Please see the map for directions.
VIGOROUS — FOR INTERMEDIATE PARTICIPANTS WITH BASIC SKILLS
On Level 7 trips you’ll encounter some of the steepest elevations and technical terrain available within a day’s drive. These trips are for athletic types and those who wish to push their physical abilities.
You can expect to be active for six to eight hours. You can best prepare for a Level 7 trip by maintaining your intense fitness regimen, trying to get your mile time below eight minutes, and hiking consistently on the weekends.
Level 7 hikes can be anywhere from ten to thirteen miles.
We will be on mountainous, exposed terrain and steep, uneven trails. Most hikes will require not only hiking boots but also additional gear like hiking poles and headlamps.
Up to 2,500 feet per day.
Up to 12,000 feet.