Here’s what you need
- Ample snacks
- At least two liters of water
- Backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Extra wool socks on the trail
- Trekking or ski poles
- A thermos of hot soup, tea, or coffee
- Hand / Foot warmers
- A dry set of clothes and shoes for the ride home (can be left in the van)
- Ski or snowboarding gear, including a warm, waterproof jacket
- Comfortable, moisture wicking base layers
- Waterproof hiking boots with wool socks (required)
- Warm hat
- Weatherproof Gloves
- Neck buff or balaclava
- Expert guides
- Park permits
- Snowshoe, ski, poles, and ski boots, instruction on using equipment
- Gratuity for your guide
Drive to Meet
If you would prefer to drive yourself, you can select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at 8:45 AM at High Point State Park Cross-Country Ski center in Sussex, NJ. See map below.
Moderate - For Skilled Beginners and Intermediate Participants
Level 5 trips place greater emphasis on challenging you physically. Whether you’re still new to the scene or have some experience, you’ll appreciate a more deliberate pace with a capable group.
We’ll be out on the trails for five to seven hours. Prepare for this trip by doing cardio and strength exercise at least three days a week.
Be ready to cover six to nine miles today before heading home.
We’ll be hiking on moderate mountainous terrain, which may require navigating various rock faces and trail conditions including steep inclines and uneven ground.
Up to 1,800 feet per day.
Up to 8,000 feet.
Weather conditions can be quite different from the city in the mountainous regions we visit. Temperatures can be expected to be quite cooler as we head north or to higher elevations and we'll likely encounter more snow accumulation between early winter and spring. Keep your eyes out for an email from our team a few days in advance of your trip. That email will provide updated weather conditions and will alert you to anything additional you should put in your pack to prepare. Your guide will also make sure you have the necessary gear, such as snowshoes or microspikes, so you can have a great day in the snow. We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little snow or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.