Here’s what you need
- Tent (can be rented for additional fee)
- Sleeping bag, rated 20 degrees or lower (can be rented for additional fee)
- Sleeping pad (can be rented for additional fee)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Mid-sized pack, large enough to hold day 2 food, water, snacks, and gear for overnight at Greenleaf Hut (approx 35-50 L)
- Basic first aid kit (band-aids, moleskin, etc)
- Camp mess kit (bowl, mug, and utensil)
- Balaclava or buff
- Warm clothes for evenings at camp
- Comfortable camp shoes
- Camelbak bladder or water bottles (3 L capacity)
- Money for meals on the road Saturday and Monday
- Trekking poles
- Bug Spray
- Additional snacks
Night one will be spent at a campground near our trailhead to allow for as early a start as possible. If you don't have your own backpacking tent, one can be rented for $60. Meals here are prepared by your DO guides and you'll enjoy some time around the fire before you settle into bed. Night two will be spent enjoying the comforts of Greenleaf Hut. We'll stay in shared bunk rooms, with mattresses and wool blankets provided. You will need to also bring your sleeping bag, toiletries, and headlamp. Bunkrooms are not heated and do not have electricity. The hut has cold running water and toilets in washrooms for guests. Hot dinner and breakfast are served on-site and can account for any dietary restrictions.
Weather conditions can be quite different from the city in the mountainous regions we visit. Temperatures can be quite cooler as we head north or to higher elevations. Keep your eyes out for an email from our team a few days in advance of your trip. That email will provide updated weather conditions and will alert you to anything additional you should put in your pack to prepare. We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.
Drive to Meet
Have your own transportation? Select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll receive directions to the trailhead by the Thursday before your trip. You can also contact our office at 212-579-4568 or [email protected] for more information.
This trip is rated a 7 out of 10 (difficult) and is for fit individuals with hiking experience only.
Total Trail Miles: Approximately 17 total
Total Elevation Change: 10,000 Feet