Here’s what you need
- Your lunch
- Ample snacks
- At least three liters of water
- A backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners.
- Cash for apples and treats (please note, apples are paid for by the bag upon leaving)
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots
- Expert guides
- Park permits
Drive to Meet
Have your own transportation? Select the "Drive to meet" option at check out. Meet your guide at 9:30 AM at Rock and Snow.. You'll then follow the van to the trailhead. Please note there is a $10 parking fee.
EASY ACTIVE — PERFECT FOR ACTIVE FIRST-TIMERS
Level 3 trips will give you a broad sense of what hiking is all about. Test yourself on intermediate terrain, including light rock scrambles and ascending multiple peaks. The trips will invigorate you and inspire you to continue strengthening your hiking skills.
Three to five hours is standard. Prepare for the trip by jogging three miles or exercising two or three days a week.
Plan on getting starter miles under your belt. You’ll be hiking three to six miles on this trip, the average distance run in an hour-long basketball game.
You’ll be hiking on rolling terrain with bare rock surfaces, steeps, roots and small boulders.
There could be up to 1,000 feet per day.
Up to 4,500 feet.