- DEPARTURE AND RETURN LOCATION
- Meet your guide Paragon Sports in Union Square, 867 Broadway at east 18th street.
- Subways: L, N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 to Union Square.
- DEPARTURE TIME
- 7:30 AM. Please arrive at 7:15 AM for check-in.
- RETURN TIME
- Approximately 6:30 PM.
- INTENSITY LEVEL
- This hike is an Intensity Level 4 out of 10. Please read a full description in the Intensity Level tab above.
- TRAIL STATISTICS
- Total Miles: 7
- Accumulative Elevation Gain: 1,500 feet
- Technical Factors: Clear path, no use of hands required.
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- This trip is for participants ages 18+
- Your lunch
- Ample snacks
- At least three liters of water
- A backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection, visit our partners.
- Bathing suit and towel if you'd like to swim
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots
- Expert guides
- Park permits
Drive to Meet Option
If you would prefer to drive yourself, you can select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at Rock and Snow in New Paltz, NY at 8:45 AM. From there, you'll follow the van about 15 minutes to the Minnewaska State Park parking area. Please note there is a fee to park.
MODERATE — FOR SKILLED BEGINNERS AND INTERMEDIATE PARTICIPANTS
Level 5 trips place greater emphasis challenging you physically. Whether you’re still new to the scene or have some experience, you’ll appreciate a more deliberate pace with a capable group.
We’ll be out on the trails for five to seven hours. Prepare for this trip by doing cardio and strength exercise at least three days a week.
Be ready to cover six to nine miles today before heading home.
We’ll be hiking on moderate mountainous terrain, which may require navigating various rock faces and trail conditions including steep inclines and uneven ground.
Up to 1,800 feet per day.
Up to 8,000 feet.