- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31
- Meet your guide on the south east corner of Broadway and West 76th at 7:15 AM. Departure is promptly at 7:30 AM.
- Arrive at Pinkham Notch at 2:00 PM.
- Short hike and New Year's Eve Celebrations
- SUNDAY, JANUARY 1
- Snowshoe the AT to Carter Notch, drop extra gear at Carter Notch Hut
- Optional: quinzee-building lesson near hut
- Dinner at Carter Hut, stay night
- MONDAY, JANUARY 2
- Summit Carter Dome, Lunch back at Hut.
- Snowshoe back to Pinkham Notch
- Sleep at Joe Dodge Lodge.
- TUESDAY, JANUARY 3
- Return to NYC approximately 7:00PM.
- TRIP STATISTICS
- Total Snowshoe Miles: 15
- Total Elevation Gain: 2,801 feet
- Insulated, waterproof hiking boots (i.e. Gore-Tex lined)
- Comfy shoes/slippers for evenings
- Warm hiking socks (wool, two pairs minimum)
- Base top layer (wicking t-shirt)
- Mid-top layer (wicking long sleeve, mid-weight)
- Heavy layer (sweater or fleece)
- Winter hiking/ski pants
- Long underwear/thermals
- Fleece top and pants
- Down coat or insulated parka
- Warm hat
- Warm gloves
- Money for meals on the road Saturday and Tuesday
- Large backpack, at least 40 liters. No daypacks, shoulder bags, duffels, etc. Everyone will be required to carry a portion of our food to the lodge.
- Sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees
- While you won’t see temperatures as cold as the bag rating, it will assure you a cozy night’s sleep.
- Sleeping pad or wool blankets
- Pillowcase. You will stuff your winter coat into it to use as a pillow
- Optional: neck warmer/balaclava
- Optional: trekking poles or ski poles
- Optional: liner socks
- Optional: camera
- For a great selection and discounts, check out our partners.
Win with Arc'Teryx
GEAR UP WITH ARC'TERYX SOHO
You can win a brand new Alpha SV Jacket from Arc'Teryx Soho ($749 value) for your adventure! Share your favorite outdoor moments on Instagram with #Arcteryxsoho and #discoveroutdoors. Every photo is an entry and one winner will be chosen by 12/11.