Here’s what you need
- Day pack
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Water bottles (2 L capacity)
- Knife (locking)
- Bug spray
- Hat with a brim
- Petty cash
- Snorkeling gear
- Extra snacks
- Packable camp chair or foam pad
- Mosquito net
- Baby wipes
- Comfortable athletic clothing for all days
- Warm fleece for cool evenings
- Rain gear
- Hiking boots and lightweight wool socks
- Bathing suit and beach clothing
- Shoes or sandals for camp
- Professional guides and instructors
- Meals from dinner on Jan 6 through breakfast on Jan 10
- Materials for skills lessons
- Tropical bungalow lodging
- Roundtrip transportation from Henry E. Rohlsen airport
- Airfare to Henry E. Rohlsen airport
- Meals not noted above
- Optional activities in St. Croix
- Gratuity for guides
Please plan to arrive to Henry E. Rohlsen (STX) on day one in the afternoon. Transportation will be arranged upon your arrival. Your flight out of STX can be at any time on the final day of the itinerary and transport will be arranged by your guides.
Temperatures in the USVI are typically in the low 80s year round. Evenings may get down to the high 60s. While chances of rain are low, it is not uncommon to receive afternoon showers.
After each day, you will retire to your spacious bungalow at Mount Victory Camp. Each bungalow is constructed from local tropical hardwood with an opaque canopy roof. Screened in sides keeps bugs out while allowing for a breeze to come through. Linens for your bed are provided and there are electrical outlets. Your bungalow will be shared with up to two other adventurers of the same gender. The base camp building has a solar-heated shower and clean bathrooms. Wifi is available.
Meals will be enjoyed at camp and will consist of fresh and local ingredients. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advance notice.
This trip is recommended for anyone interested in learning a new skill and developing a deeper connection to nature. While basic comfort on short hikes and an ability to be physically active are important, this adventure does not involve any strenuous activity. A sense of adventure and willingness to try something new is key.