- Your lunch
- Ample snacks
- At least three liters of water
- A backpack that securely holds your lunch, water and extra clothes. You must have your hands free for this trip. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection, visit our partners.
- A ziplock bag for your phone or camera if you plan to have either in your pack.
- A change of dry clothes for the ride home: anything comfy that you wish to bring, including dry shoes. The dry clothes will be left in the van.
- Synthetic, moisture-wicking athletic clothing (no cotton)
- Optional: bathing suit under your clothes
- Sturdy hiking boots or trail runners -- your footwear must fit your foot well and have an aggressive sole. Polyester of ploypropylene hiking socks.
- Expert guides
- Park permits
Drive to Meet Option
Have your own transportation? Select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at the Plattekill Travel Plaza at 8:45 AM. Please see the map for directions.
EASY ACTIVE - PERFECT FOR ACTIVE FIRST TIMERS
Level 3 trips will give you a broad sense of what hiking is all about. Test yourself on intermediate terrain, including light rock scrambles and ascending multiple peaks. The trips will invigorate you and inspire you to continue strengthening your hiking skills.
Three to five hours is standard. Prepare for the trip by jogging three miles or exercising two or three days a week.
Plan on getting starter miles under your belt. You’ll be hiking three to six miles on this trip, the average distance run in an hour-long basketball game.
You’ll be hiking on rolling terrain with bare rock surfaces, steeps, roots and small boulders.
There could be up to 1,000 feet of change in the day.
From sea level to 3,000 feet.