Here’s what you need
- If you choose to bring your own lunch, put it in a ziplock or drybag
- Extra cash if you wish to rent a wetsuit ($20)
- Any valuables you bring will be locked in the van
- Towel, shoes, and dry change of clothes for the ride home (can be left in the van)
- If you plan on wearing glasses/sunglasses, bring a strap
- Non-cotton athletic clothing and a swimsuit underneath.
- River shoes such as Tevas or old tennis shoes. No flip-flops, please.
- Light, waterproof jacket
- Expert guides and a private whitewater rafting experience
- Park permits
- Gratuity for your guide
Drive to Meet
Have your own transportation? Select the drive to meet option at check out. You will meet your guide at 9:45 AM at Whitewater Challengers in Weatherly, PA.
Class I, II, III and III+ rapids on the Lehigh River are ideal for any and all rafters, from beginners to seasoned experts. Expect to be on the water for four hours with a break for lunch. There will be some paddling required. Your guides will instruct you on paddling and steering techniques.
Weather conditions can be quite different from the city in the mountainous regions we visit. Temperatures can be quite cooler as we head north or to higher elevations. Keep your eyes out for an email from our team a few days in advance of your trip. That email will provide updated weather conditions and will alert you to anything additional you should put in your pack to prepare. We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.