- Lunch and snacks
- At least two liters of water
- A backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners.
- Appropriate for the season. Wear snug, comfortable athletic clothing that allows you to move freely (no jeans).
- T-shirt—preferably a synthetic like Drimax, Coolmax, Capilene, Bergaline, etc.
- Shorts or pants—preferably nylon/synthetic stretch
- Rain jacket—Gore-Tex or comparable material
- Fleece or similar jacket
- Hat and gloves—depending on the season
- Athletic footwear, with tread—athletic shoes, hiking boots or climbing shoes if you have them
- Expert guides
- Climbing shoes, harness, ropes, all equipment
- Park permits
Drive to Meet Option
If you would prefer to drive yourself, you can select the "drive to meet" option at check out. You'll meet your guide at Rock and Snow in New Paltz, NY at 8:30 AM. From there, you'll follow the van about 15 minutes to the Minnewaska State Park parking area. Please note there is a fee to park.