About the trip
Collaborative Climb and Discussion
What We Love
- Learn from experienced female and non-binary climbers
- Meet new climbing partners
- Improve your technique
- Hear from fellow women and non-binary climbers about their experience in the sport
The Cliffs and Discover Outdoors are joining forces to kick off Women in the Outdoors week with a celebration of climbing! We're inviting climbers of all levels to a night of skills practice, camaraderie, and discussion. Start the night by working on your skills, partnered with climbing mentors from the New York community who are prepared to give you tips, teach technique, and answer questions. Whether you're brand new to climbing or looking to step up to the next level, you'll be matched with experienced and supportive mentors.
After a full night of practice, head over to The Local for a post-climbing presentation and discussion led by Whitney Boland on the topic of women and non-binary folks empowering each other. Join a conversation on how as women and non-binary folks, we can continue to grow and support each other and work to break down systemic dynamics that have been fostered between us.
A portion of every ticket goes to support the Young Women Who Crush mentorship program with the Discover Outdoors Foundation and the Cliffs.
Harness, shoes, and chalk rentals are included. Tickets to the presentation and discussion only (no climbing) are available for $10.
- Climbing at The Cliffs at LIC (The Cliffs at LIC, 11-11 44th Dr., Queens, NY)
- Post-climbing presentation and discussion at The Local (13-02 44th Ave, Long Island City)
6:30PM to 9:30PM