Here’s what you need
- At least three liters of water
- Backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Hiking poles
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots with non-cotton socks
- Dress in layers to adapt to changing temperatures
- Expert guides
- Park entry fees
- Gratuity for your guide
Moderate - For Skilled Beginners and Intermediate Participants
Level 5 trips place greater emphasis on challenging you physically. Whether you’re still new to the scene or have some experience, you’ll appreciate a more deliberate pace with a capable group.
We’ll be out on the trails for five to seven hours. Prepare for this trip by doing cardio and strength exercise at least three days a week.
Be ready to cover six to nine miles today before heading home.
We’ll be hiking on moderate mountainous terrain, which may require navigating various rock faces and trail conditions including steep inclines and uneven ground.
Up to 1,800 feet per day.
We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.