Here’s what you need
- At least three liters of water
- Backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Hiking poles
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots with non-cotton socks
- Dress in layers to adapt to changing temperatures
- Expert guides
- Park permits
- Gratuity for your guide
Ideal for Active Beginners and Moderate Hikers
Level 4 trips balance physical and aesthetic components of the day. Get your heart pumping on intermediate terrain with some rock scrambles and multiple peaks, then enjoy a well-earned break with a stunning view. These trips are effective preparation for even more challenging weekend-long trips.
Trail time ranges from for four to six hours. You should be in good physical shape and exercise at least three times a week to get the most out of the day.
You’ll be traveling four to eight miles on this trip, the average distance run in an hour-long soccer game.
You’ll be hiking on steadily rising terrain with loose rock surfaces, switchbacks, roots and small boulders.
Up to 1,500 feet per day.
We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.