Here’s what you need
- At least three liters of water
- Backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Hiking poles
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots with non-cotton socks
- Dress in layers to adapt to changing temperatures
- Expert guides
- Park entry fees
- Gratuity for your guide
Easy Active - Perfect for active first timers
Level 3 trips will give you a broad sense of what hiking is all about. Test yourself on intermediate terrain, including light rock scrambles and ascending multiple peaks. The trips will invigorate you and inspire you to continue strengthening your hiking skills.
Three to five hours is standard. Prepare for the trip by jogging three miles or exercising two or three days a week.
Plan on getting starter miles under your belt. You’ll be hiking three to six miles on this trip, the average distance run in an hour-long basketball game.
You’ll be hiking on rolling terrain with bare rock surfaces, steeps, roots and small boulders.
There could be up to 1,000 feet per day.
Up to 6,500 feet.
We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.