Here’s what you need
- At least three liters of water
- Backpack. Need a recommendation? Check out Deuter!
- Weather-appropriate clothing. For a great selection and discounts, visit our partners
- Hiking poles
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Hiking boots with non-cotton socks
- Dress in layers to adapt to changing temperatures
- Expert guides
- Park entry fees
- Gratuity for your guide
Vigorous - For fit, experienced hikers only
On Level 7 trips you’ll encounter some of the steepest elevations and technical terrain available within a day’s drive. These trips are for athletic types and those who wish to push their physical abilities.
You can expect to be active for six to eight hours. You can best prepare for a Level 7 trip by maintaining your intense fitness regimen, trying to get your mile time below eight minutes, and hiking consistently on the weekends.
Level 7 hikes can be anywhere from ten to thirteen miles.
We will be on mountainous, exposed terrain and steep, uneven trails. Most hikes will require not only hiking boots but also additional gear like hiking poles and headlamps.
Up to 2,500 feet per day.
Up to 12,000 feet.
We head outside in any weather, as long as we know it's safe, and we don't let a little rain or wind ruin a chance for an adventure. You can contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about preparing for trail conditions.